93 cents of every dollar donated to Meals on Wheels of Mercer County goes directly to providing services to our homebound participants. 100% of their meals are subsidized through your support.
Click the link above or call 609-695-3483
Imagine if you were elderly, frail and with no family or close friends to help. Imagine not having the strength to prepare your own meals or to go grocery shopping. Imagine if the only thing in your kitchen cabinet is saltine crackers and ramen noodles due to being on a fixed income that barely covers your rent and medications. Imagine feeling isolated and alone with a sense of helplessness and hopelessness. These are the issues facing many of our most vulnerable in our senior community.
Now, Imagine an organization, Meals on Wheels of Mercer County, ready to serve older adults in our community; delivering the meals for participants' physical health; delivered by caring volunteers who nourish the soul by combatting social isolation. Imagine how you can help!
- There are over 2 million seniors in New Jersey (23% of the population)
- 12% of seniors are threatened by hunger
- 23% of seniors live alone
- 26% of seniors have a disability
- 54% of seniors lack the income to pay for basic living needs
Data Source: Meals on Wheels America 2020 Fact Sheet for New Jersey
Many Ways to Give
You may give one time or arrange a recurring monthly, quarterly, bi-annual or annual gift by visiting our Donation Page.
- SŌZŌSEI Foundation
- The Merancas Foundation
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- New Jersey Pandemic Relief Fund
- Meals on Wheels America COVID 19 Fund
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals
- Community Foundation of New Jersey
- Church & Dwight
- Sharon Karmazin Family Donor Advised Fund (KARMA Foundation)
- Princeton Area Community Foundation