Who We Serve
Meals on Wheels of Mercer County serves homebound seniors who are 60 years and older. Many of our participants are unable to cook or shop for themselves due to the onset of a debilitating disease or another life change situation that makes them homebound. Often these older adults are "invisible" in the community and vulnerable to food insecurity. We provide a significant number of subsidies for those who cannot afford the cost of our meals.
- 92% are over the age of 60; 43% are over 80
- 80% are either below the poverty line, or vulnerable to it
- 25% suffer from heart related ailments; 14% have diagnosed dementia
- 52% live alone; many with no family members in the area
- See more New Jersey statistics